Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Simple Skincare


I've struggled with acne for the better part of a decade. I scrubbed, stripped, and generally tore up my skin for years trying to get my skin to clear up. Around 4 years ago I finally broke down and went to see a dermatologist, who has helped me tremendously with getting my acne under control. One of the first things she told me was to be more gentle with my skin care routine. Now that I've settled on a routine that I love, I've decided to share it with you! 

Cleanser: 
Elta MD Foaming Facial Cleanser: I get this cleanser from my dermatologist and I am absolutely obsessed. It's creamy, foams up slightly, and gets your face really clean without overly drying. I use this cleanser morning and evening. (Cetaphil is a great alternative if you can't get your hands on this.) 

Scrub: 
I don't exfoliate very often, but when I do I use the Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish. Its fine, gentle, and leaves my face super smooth and soft. I use this about one night a week 

Moisturizer: 
I use the CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion. I've been using this for years and I love how it keeps my face soft but not greasy. I use this both morning and night. 

Eye Cream: 
This is one of the only steps in my routine that I use two different products for morning and night. For night I use the Peter Thomas Roth Volufil Youth Eye Serum. This product is creamy and effective, and comes with a smooth metal applicator perfect for de-puffing eyes after a long day. For daytime I use Origins Eye Doctor, which is moisturizing and gentle. I've repurchased many times. 

Sunscreen: 
Elta MD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum Facial Sunscreen. This SPF 46 sunscreen is a light, non-greasy formula, which works to help reduce the appearance of discoloration while protecting your skin from the sun. I love this stuff and I use it every morning. 

Spot Treatment: 
When I do break out nowadays, it's usually a cystic pimple. To keep things under control, I'll apply some Murad Acne Spot Treatment. This formula boasts sulfuric acid as it's active ingredient, which is excellent for cystic acne. 

What are some of your skincare faves? I'm always open to suggestions! 
xoxo, 
Caitlin 

No comments:

Post a Comment