Friday, September 12, 2014

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation Review


It's no secret that I love the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer. I wear it under my foundation almost every day and I'm really happy with the way it works for my oily skin. A couple weeks ago I was browsing the beauty section at CVS (As you do) and I found a foundation from the same Stay Matte line! Huzzah! 

Well, I've given it a shot for a couple weeks and I'm ready to give you my thoughts on it. 


This foundation is THICK. It's definitely a mousse type texture, which is helpful in preventing spilling and dripping, but it makes it super hard to blend properly. I have to say, when first applied it gives a gorgeous, matte, airbrushed finish. So imagine my surprise when I went to the bathroom after my first class of the day to discover a greasy, shiny mess!

This foundation did not work for me at all, which is super disappointing considering how much I love the primer. In addition to not controlling my oil, it also clung to some dry patches on my face making them super noticeable. Yes, I have oily skin that gets dry and flaky sometimes. Would someone tell me how thats fair? 

However, to give this foundation a fair review I will give it another try as the weather gets cooler. Because summer in Texas is something akin to living inside a hairdryer. I'll give another update in a few weeks! 

xoxo, 
Caitlin 


2 comments: