Sunday, October 5, 2014

The "It's Almost Fall" Makeup Look

There is a hint of fall in the air in Texas! And by a hint of fall I mean that it's below 90 degrees. But hey, beggars can't be choosers.

It's a lovely Sunday and I decided that I wanted to try my hand at a summer-to-fall transition look. It's a bit too warm here for a maroon lip, but it's definitely too late in the season for my favorite teal eyeliner. I came up with something bronzed and golden, but still shimmery enough to be appropriate for warmer weather.


I used a shimmery bronze cream shadow in the lid, a matte brown as well as a shimmery dark brown in the crease, and a matte dark brown shadow for the liner, which I brought down a little on the lower lashline as well. Apparently I have a thing for brown eyeshadow this fall...


I finished things off with some thick, black mascara and a nude lip. 

The cast: 
Maybelline bad to the bronze color tattoo
Mac eyeshadows in soft brown and mulch
Studio Gear single eyeshadow in Dark Chocolate 
Makeup Forever smoky extravagant mascara
L'oreal Color Riche lipstick in fairest nude
L'oreal Color Riche lipgloss in nude touch 
Elf Blush in candid coral


And now comes the part of the show where Maddie, the sassiest golden retriever in all the land, decides to crash my photo shoot. 




We sure do love her. 

Let me know how you liked the look! How are you celebrating fall where you live? 

xoxo, 
Caitlin 

4 comments:

  1. I love Bad To The Bronze! It's actually going into Spring and Summer here in Australia, (I also just moved here from the Northern Hemisphere so I miss out on Autumn altogether). I am keeping my makeup looks light, as it's so sunny and hot here most of the time! Claire

    24 Hours From Home - Travel, Adventures and Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! Thank you for reading, Claire!

      Delete
  2. We love that this is a more natural look which is what we're all about! Bad to the bronze has to be one fof our favourite sahdows. We like sweeping it all over our lids on a lazy day or if we're in a rush.

    M + K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love natural makeup too, I'm all about looking polished without spending an hour making it happen! Thank you for reading!

      Delete