Saturday, August 16, 2014

Revlon Bold Laquer Mascara Review


I've been a fan of the Revlon Lash Potion mascara for a long time, so when I saw this new formula being advertised I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I finally did and I've been using it for a week or so. Spoiler alert: I really like it. 

This is definitely a dry formula mascara, which I'm partial to. I find wet formulas just too much to deal with. The wand in this mascara is pretty standard. Soft, full bristles and not too big. It gives your lashes fullness and length, while still looking natural. I was a competitive dancer growing up so anything other than natural looking lashes tends to give me nightmares. Rhinestoned false eyelashes are not as fun as they sound, people. 

The thing that impressed me most about this mascara was the staying power. The first two times I wore this was to a dance rehearsal and a baseball game in the middle of August. Sweat city. And let me tell you, this product did not budge. I'm going to say that again because I don't think you heard me...This mascara lasted through oily skin AND a late summer baseball game. Nothing short of a miracle, I think. 

In short: If you're looking for something that's going to give you bold lashes for a night out, this product isn't it. However, if you need a sturdy mascara that will get the job done for everyday, I highly recommend this one. I'll be repurchasing. 

Any other products you would like me to check out? Comment down below! 

xoxo, 
Caitlin 

5 comments:

  1. I need a really good waterproof mascara so I'm definitely gonna check this out. Brilliant post! :) Claire

    24 Hours From Home - Travel, Adventures and Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Claire! I hope you like it!

      Delete
  2. Please try out the Dior Hp chapstick stuff... I'm begging you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caitlin - I just had my first microneedling done a few days ago. I was curious - who is your dermatologist? (what town as well) And, what is the name of that $200 serum you purchased. I am glad the treatments were helpful for you!!

    ReplyDelete